Planning to prepare for AIX P5 system admin test 223

Hi - one of my frined suggested me to complete the certification for AIX test 223. However, i am not aware of Unix OS and neither has experience of sys admin. I would like to know whether i would be able to prepare for AIX certification and also is it a must to have unix/Sun knowledge to prepare for AIX.

Please some one answer my queries ASAP

ASAP: if you're not "aware of UNIX OS" and don't have experience, then don't do it.

Is it a must to have unix/Sun knowledge to prepare for AIX certification?

That's one of the silliest questions I've ever heard ("does my bum look big in this" is probably thee silliest).

It will be kind of hard passing 223 without some Unix / AIX administration experience. (But (unfortunately) it is possible.)

This is a good place to start:

IBM: Test 223: System p Administration

Many certification programs today seem to be geared towards supporting training programs, and IBM is not too far behind in this ugly trend. (Before I get backlash, please compare the AIX 5.2 CATE requirements with those of 6.1. Then also note that there are no longer test prep (specific) RedBooks for any of the CATE required tests.)

That ranting aside, 223 was NOT a major revision from the previous version. (At least not when I took it.) And there IS a RedBook for the previous exam. It can be found here:

IBM Redbooks | IBM Certification Study Guide eServer p5 and pSeries Administration and Support for AIX 5L Version 5.3

My strong recommendation will be to get some "clutch time" on an AIX system. If you are trying to jumpstart your career with a certification, I would recommend "supplementing" that with some real experience.