PHPMaker 9 Help with Server Events & Filter

Hello,

I need some help with PHPMaker 9 "Server Events".

trying to do a simple filter but my lack of knowledge of PHP & Mysql is getting me in a jam.

I have 2 tables:

MyMainTable = which has all individual records for different people

and

Users = the security table that also has a "Cities" field with single quote-comma delimited city names.

What I need to do is to filter the MyMainTable to only display authorized cities records from the "Users" table.

The server event I have going on right now is:

// Recordset Selecting event
function Recordset_Selecting(&$filter) {
ew_AddFilter($filter, "`MyMainTable`.`City` IN (" . CurrentUserInfo("Cities") . ")");
} 

The killer of the whole thing is that I had this running the other night and thought I backed up what I did to "Code Repository" but goofed. I know the server event above has an error. I may have added "Users" before or in CurrentUserInfo("Cities") . ")"); somewhere but I forget exactly what I did.

Errors I am getting are:

Failed  to execute SQL: SELECT * FROM `MyMainTable` WHERE  `MyMainTable`.`City` IN () LIMIT 20 OFFSET 0. Error: You have an  error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your  MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') LIMIT 20 OFFSET  0' at line 1
                              No records found                           

(mysqlt): SET NAMES 'utf8'
 Error (0): 

(mysqlt): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM `MyMainTable` WHERE `MyMainTable`.`City` IN ()
 Error (1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual  that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to  use near ')' at line 1

(mysqlt): SELECT * FROM `MyMainTable` WHERE `MyMainTable`.`City` IN ()
 Error (1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual  that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to  use near ')' at line 1

(mysqlt): SELECT * FROM `MyMainTable` WHERE `MyMainTable`.`City` IN () LIMIT 20 OFFSET 0
 Error (1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual  that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to  use near ') LIMIT 20 OFFSET 0' at line 1

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Art