Persistent Security Banner on Gnome Desktop

I'm looking for options for displaying a persistent, security banner on a Solaris 10 workstation running JDS that would display at the top of each workspace for all users, have the option to change the color and the capability to add text to the banner.

The company I work for has used JEDI for Windows before, but not the Solaris version. Are there any alternatives to JEDI for Solaris 10 and JDS?

Thanks.

Hi,
I never herd of JEDI used in Windows, but I have experience using it with Solaris. In windows the banner is usually a thin line across the top of the desktop with the security label centered. It doesn't work like this in Solaris. Most of the time the banner is on Solaris TX systems and not regular Solaris systems. On the top menu bar of the JDS can display in the blank area to the right, but not across the whole screen. Also the apps like terminal can be setup to have a banner at the top of the window under the menu. At where I work we have both of them setup. Also we have the desktop background the same color as the label color, example green, red, etc..

I'm not at work right now so I can't look at the system and tell you which files to edit.

Why are you setting this up? It is not required to do this to STIG the box. An easy fix would be to create a walpaper with the label and not let the user change it.

Anyway I hope this helps.

It's an additional requirement levied by the customer. Thanks for the info about your experience. If you have time to pass on info about which files need to be edited, that would be great.

You need to message me because I think I know who your costumer is.

I appreciate your responses, but I think you'll understand if I respectfully pass on identifying the customer, privately or otherwise.

Thanks.

Ok I understand. I can't help you then.
I know who your costumer because I work for them, just at a different location. There is only one organization that users JEDI so you already basically told me who you work for. The purpose of the email exchange was to confirm each others identify using the costumer database.

Anyway good luck on your project and google is your friend.