perl window.open without blocker

Hi Everyone,

We know that when we open a popup window, if my IE, Yahoo tool bar enable the popup-blocker, then my window will be blocked. like my code.

print <<EOD;
<script language=JavaScript>
var s = new String(window.location.href);
if (s.match(/Start/)){
        window.open('stop.cgi?popserver=$paraServer','stop', 'width=350, height=230, toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, copyhistory=no');
}
</script>
EOD

If anyway we can do that it popup no matter whether got popup-blocker or not, maybe not using the window.open, but other means to have a popup like window? Please advice.

The purpose is:
i have a page a.cgi, i click a [start] button in this web page, will open the popup window, which i can click [stop] on the popup window.

Not in any legally and ethically clean way. You Perl script runs on the server, so it has no way of influencing the client, except through HTML and JavaScript. Those two run on the client (=browser), but only if it's allowed.
Similarly, you can't write a CGI program to enable JavaScript on the client if it's deactivated there.

Thanks i will look into the client side programming.

Popup blockers normally only block auto-triggered popup windows. If the popup is triggered by user action (e.g. user click), then I found most popup blockers would allow it.

For example, click on a link as below would open a new window on my Firefox:

<a href="javascript:window.open('http://www.yahoo.com', 'xxx'); void(0);">Click me</a>