Perl and Nvidia driver download

Hi guys

i have writen a script that can be used to automatically check a website for the latest software ( in this case i want to use it with the nvidia website ) and check the software and if there is a new version out then it will download it for me

but i cannot seem to get it to work because the url for the driver ( it is the 64bit win7 driver ) keeps changing depending on the dirver version

does anyone know where else i could grab the driver i had a look at their ftp site but could not find it

thanks for the help

Even on FTP the name is going to keep changing. That's how they keep the existing drivers around while adding new ones. You'll just have to process either the page or the FTP and parse out which file is newest.

The FTP may be easier than the website since it at least has plain file listings. If you're looking for geforce drivers, look for the highest version count in ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/ -- in this case, ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/178.24/ -- and hunt for an .exe file containing 'winvista', '64bit', and 'english'.