PCI slot info on V480/V490

Hi,

How can I know slot wise info on a sun v480 box. I want to have the details like which slot has which card (slot 1- HBA, slot 2 - quad NIC) ..
I know that sysdef, prtconf or prtdiag outputs will help to get this. But I dont know how to conclude from those outputs. Can anybody help me to read those outputs and decide. Or is there any other way to do this.

Thanks & Regards,
Vasu

You can place the cards in any slot as long it can fit into the slot correctly. For some PCI cards, you will need to take note of the MHz whether its 33 or 66. Based on that, you will be able to see physically on the servers' slot and put the correct speed card into the correct slot. eg. if you accidentally place a 66MHz card into a 33 MHz slot, your card can still be used, but the speed will be degraded to 33 MHz.

And for your info, HBA cards should go to 66MHz slot cos they are fast speed. ethernet cards... depends on the speed as what I mentioned earlier

You can find the deviced id to device mappings in the followinf sun document:

Sun Fire[TM] V480/Sun Fire[TM] V490 Server PCI Bus Subsystem: requirements & configuration

Thanks a lot for your replies...