Patching failed on Sun T2000

Hi folks,

I was patching Sun server (SunOS suns121 5.10 Generic_144488-17 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200) with the lateset bundle. It was completed with no errors. Server was restarted with shutdown command
(/usr/sbin/shutdown -y -i6 -g0) after patching was complete. However, after that, server won't boot at all. Anybody got any idea what would be the reason behind? Thanx

I had similar but patching didn't complete without crashing.

Rather than repeat myself, as they say, "here's one I made earlier".

Thank you Hicksd8....do you think the same problem will arise in M3000?

It is difficult to say whether a M3000 would also fail to install a standard patchset.

I have patched a number of different hardware models with the latest patchsets without any problems except for the T2000. I also know of others, like yourself, who have hit the same problem.

Although I have not read every last detail about the latest patchset, Oracle do not seem to issue any specific warning about the T2000 falling over. However, without the latest OBP, it seems that is does.

Sadly, I have no experience with the M3000 model.

I would guess (and it is a guess) that you would not have any similar issue with a M3000, but absolutely no guarantees given. It depends on how much inconvenience it will cause you to recover a similar failure to patch as to whether you bring the OBP, etc up to date first.

Hope that helps.