Passing user/pass credentials to automountd map file.

How could I pass credentials to the automountd daemon through it's map files?

Tried credentials=/some/file.txt - Didn't work.
Tried SHARE.domain.com/user/pass/SHARE_NAME in map file - Didn't work
Tried user=USER,pass=PASS - Didn't work.

I can see the mounts created but when I access them all I get is permission denied (So issue looks to be with credentials):

# cd /mounttest/nas
ksh: /mounttest/nasd: permission denied
#

This is AIX 7.1. For Linux this might work with credentials but I'm wondering if AIX even supports automounting while using credentials. Moreover, /etc/cifs_fs/cifscred isn't read but manually mounting, everything works fine.

Cheers,
DH

Have you had made the credentials file contain the proper values in the proper syntax?

Example 'Credentials' used with my fstab:

username = USERNAME
  domain = DOMAINNAME/IP
password = PASSWORD

hth

Tried your suggestion. Same result. Kept syntax with spaces as you have them, no luck. Removed the spaces, no luck. Still getting

permission denied

Cheers,

Assuming it should mount the NAS to:

# cd /mounttest/nas

You then seem to try execute another folder (?)

Did you wanted to execute the file "d" in /mounttest/nas/?

You might want to share the script executed or the one called.
What is the output of:

ls /mounttest/ -l
ls /mounttest/nas/ -l

Edit & Note: Have to admit i have no experience with AIX
But if /mounttest/nasd is a script, it might require execution flag: chmod +x /mounttest/nasd

No. I'm trying to change directory into /mounttest/nasd at which point I get the permission denied. Should read as follows:

# cd /mounttest/nasd
#

When I mount individually using mkcifsmnt that works fine and uses the credentials from /etc/cifs_fs/cifscred. But not when automounting. Automounter works fine on NFS shares that do not have any credentials but not on CIFS where credentials are needed. Trying to get this to work with CIFS.

Just to clarify, when I say automounter I mean the automountd daemon to do so on access and NOT to automount at startup (That's different and works fine).

Cheers,