Parsing the date output

Hi fellows,
I need to define a notification for SSL certificate expiration.

My Command output is below: (this is the "Expiration Date")
Tue Mar 15 09:30:01 2012

So, at 15th Feb (1 month before the expiration), a notification has to be triggered by a script or sth else. How can i set an alert? The key point is manipulating the date part :slight_smile:

you can have crontab entry for one month interval and it will remaind you by send mail to your mail id.

on which plateform are you ?

Am working in message Queueing(IBM MQ) and i write some script to automate the process in my work...The crontab will run every month on 15th and you will get remainder mail.

0 0 15 * * /home/your_script.ksh

The script should have below code:

echo -e "Hello,/n/nTime to renew your SSL certificate\n\nThanks,\nyour_name" | mail -s "SSL certificate" your_mailID@yyy.xxxx

System is Solaris.
Actually, what i am trying to do is develope a script which is integrated with HP Openview. Notification part is easy, i can handle that by using sendmail. However, i don't know how to parse the date in config file in order to see what the date is; Because i have to compare actual date with SSL Certificate's expiration date.

One idea: if you have access to a database (Sybase or Oracle) they have good functions for manipulating dates and comparing dates.