PangoX cannot find Xlib.h

Hello. I used to have Pango compiled, however it did not have X support, only Freetype support. Since gtk requires pangoX to be compiled, I went to compile it with Xsupport.

I had to issue a

./configure --prefix=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/PangoX-1.8.2/ PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Fontconfig-2.4.0/lib/pkgconfig/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Glib-2.6.6/lib/pkgconfig/              --x-includes=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Xft-2.1.12/include/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Xrender-0.9.10/include:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/include/ --x-libraries=/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Xft-2.1.12/lib/:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/Xrender-0.9.10/lib:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/lib/

With that, configure detected the X libraries. I tried with only PKG_CONFIG_PATH, passing the .pc files of Xft, X11 and Xrender, however it did not work. Neither using CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS. Unless of course I made a typo error during the CPPFLAGS or/and LDFLAGS attempt.

Anyway, when compiling pango, it is said:

pangox.c:26:22: error: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
In file included from pangox.c:32:
pangox.h:37: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before '*' token
pangox.h:37: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before 'GC' 

So X11/Xlib.h was not found and hence the myriad of error messages that I omitted. The question is why?

I am passing the directory of X11-1.6.7 with --x-includes and --x-libraries, as configure told me. Why it cannot find the Xlib.h then?

The line 26 of pangox.c it is

#include <X11/Xlib.h>

since I passed

.../Xrender-0.9.10/include:/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/include/

it shall add the

X11/Xlib.h

of the line 26 of pangox.c to the end of

/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/include/

that I passed through

--x-includes=

. Hence I expect it to obtain the complete

/media/34GB/Arquivos-de-Programas-Linux/X11-1.6.7/include/X11/Xlib.h

and so to find the Xlib.h file! What I am doing wrong them, supposing I really am doing something wrong? And can I fix it? Thanks for you support.

What operating system are you using?

What shell are you using?

What compiler are you using?

What command (exactly) did you use to try to compile pangox ?