PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64) and PA-RISC2.0 exec or libraries

I have a problem with executing an application using the ELF 64 libraries. Previous versions and on other machines where all is well use PA-RISC2.0 (32) . My guess is that the application or executables need to be recompiled and linked with the new ELF 64 libraries. Are these run time compatible ?

I don't think so.

Thanks!

most older 32-bit applications will need to be recompiled to use 64-bit libraries --- some probably need recoding --- unless they have been specified to run on both 32- and 64-bit versions of the OS you're installing them on ... if the application you're having problems with is not an in-house product, i suggest contacting the vendor and having them confirm whether the application should be able to run on 64-bit ... if in-house, somebody in development should be able to tell you that ...

then again it's 4 am and i really need to turn in ...

You cannot run a 32 bit executable with 64 bit libraries. Making an attempt to do that would require some effort. I wonder what you're actually doing. But a 32 bit executable will run fine on any version of HP-UX. To be clear, there is no problem in building an executable on a system with a PA-RISC 1.x chip and moving it a recent HP-UX system and executing it there. This is true even if the recent HP-UX system has an Itanium cpu. Aries man page