Osx terminal

hi all,

first off thesis my first post so if i am not in the right forum, i apologize.

i'm an absolute newbie to unix. i've been reading my books and studying my crib sheets etc. but... :confused:

i want to accomplish two things.

1. search and remove duplicate files i.e.. audio, doc alias etc. on all hard drives on just local hd.

2. it's come to my attention TWC arris routers are not secure. when the firmware updates some settings default and at set up everything must be applied twice (straight from the techs mouth) i watched it happen while on the phone with a tier 3 tech (who was surprised i knew what i was doing) go figure... so i'd like to monitor my network.

my network setup is as follows...

modem/router 5/2.4GHz 802.11 - ping block - all irc disabled - wps disabled etc.

mac (yosemite) into ethernet port one

wifi 5GHz ssid disabled for my local i.e. apple tv & iPhone

2.4GHz for everything/one else.

both wpa/wpa2 psk/tkip/aes

but last time i logged into my router wps was enabled and a pin was generated. and someone was trying to connect to my homesharing.

i know locks only keep honest men honest. but can i do anything terminal wise to help?

thanks in advance for any help offered.

I'm going to suggest that you start by editing your post. You should use proper capitalization and punctuation. Write your requests in complete sentences and check your grammar.