OSF/1 swap file low and killing processes!

Hi,

Hoping someone may be able to help with some general guidance. Hope I've posted this in the right forum!

I hava DEC Workstation running OSF/1. It's will run for a period of time then slow down to the point it becomes unusable. Then i have to reboot and the whole thing repeats. I discovered that it's running low on swap space and then fills processes (found this out by looking at system file /usr/adm/messages). I'm after 2 things;
1) OSF/1 Guide to system administration book. has anybody seen it one the web in soft form?
2) general sys admin advice on finding the cause of my swap file / space filling up.

Thanks

2)
Years since I last saw an OSF1 (or decade?...)
From what I remember (it was well before Y2K...) Digital UNIX terminates all processes that failed its allocation of swap space
So I would believe it may filling up some log file somewhere
Now in those days also DEC-UX had 2 swap mode: deferred or immediate, I wonder if you are not in first case
I dont know how it is done, I think if you see a link when looking at /sbin/swapdefault pointing to /dev/rz0... then you are in immediate mode
swapon -s will show the swap
and you create new swap with the same swapon command, it will be lost at next reboot unless you modfy /etc/fstab and reboot after...

Good luck