Oracle Installation on Solaris

Hello.
I have just finished installation of solaris 10 and would now like to install oracle 10g . I have got the CD of same - copied the zip file of CD to system ... unzipped the contents using gunzip. Got a folder /database/ created. But I am not able to locate runInstaller in the folder's contents.

Please advice where to find for runInstaller?

Use the find utility to locate where runinstaller is. It is usually down several directories from the base directory.

Hello.
I have a zip file having oracle 10g in it , which requires to be installed on solaris OS.

I do not fine runInstaller in zip file 102_0001.zip , only below items are visible:

accessbridge
asmtool
autorun
doc
install
response
stage
autorun.inf
setup.exe
welcome.html

Is something missed in the CD? or am I doing something wrong?

Looks like Oracle for Windows.....

Hello.
I was able to get another CD and it has runInstller in it :slight_smile:

Now I am facing couple of issues.
In the Oracle Universal Installer: After pressing Next , It gave 3 warnings.
1) The result for swap space requirement is failed.
Expected: 1000MB, Actual Result : 482MB

Is it possible to increase ? How?

2) The result for physical memory requirement is failed.
Expected: 922MB, Actual Result: 500MB

Is it possible to increase? How?

3) Checking for SUNWi15cs failed. How to get this available?

Looks like the questions were not good enuf to expect a reply :frowning: No worries - I could manage to resolve them and got oracle installed successfully now.

Could you please let me know IF there is any URL having info - What to do further to learn oracle on solaris?
Could you please let me know how to enter into oracle , I mean after i type sqlplus - It asks for login. Where would I get this login from without going to sqlplus prompt?

Thank you!