openserver 5.0.6 media need

I am looking for openserver 5.0.6 media. I need build a new production server and we only have the 5.0.5 media.

If anybody can help that be awesome.

Send me an email, I will give you download instructions for .iso files

1 Like

I'm in the same boat. Looking to redo an ancient (and quite fubar) install of 5.0.4. I'd prefer not to shell out $$ for 5.0.7v. From what I understand a 5.0.4 license works up to 5.0.6.

As for the email, wish I could. I'm a long time lurker with not enough posts to PM or email :wall:

can't send you an email or pm not enough post yet

Click on my handle, click on view profile, go to contact information, open my home page. The email address is there.

Sent you an email last week. Hopefully it didn't hit your spam filter. Happy holidays!

Thanks JGT everything works perfect. I am getting warning about my second cpu not working. I have add our SMP license to the server and still getting the warning. After looking on our current 5.0.6 server I see software package SCO Symmetrical Multiprocessing. Do I need to install this software to get my second CPU to work correctly?

If so, where do I get the install files from?

thanks for the help

SMP is on the base install cd along with the operating system that you have installed already and the development system
In order to install SMP.
With the system running, start scoadmin and select software, or type "custom" at a command prompt.
Select add new software and the cd as the source.
Select smp and install.
Quit, and reboot.

I have install the SMP software from the CD, relink kernal, and rebooted. On boot I am getting WARNING: cpu2 did not finish boot code
%cpu - 255 - unit=2 family=15
%cpuid - - - unit=2 vend=GenuineIntel tfms=0:15:2:9
%fpu - - - unit=2 type=80387-compatible

There is a patch for this issue.

What is Support Level Supplement (SLS) OSS648C, the Processor Supplement for OpenServer 5.0.6?

You should also go here and download whatever applies to 5.0.6 (especially rs506a).

The SCO Group, Inc. | Support | Ftplists | OpenServer 5.0.0 � 5.0.6