Not showing ifcfg eth0....redhat enterprise Linux 6.2

Hello, I'm using dell inspiron 14R laptop and I installed Redhat enterprise 6.2 on this. After successfully installation i did not found any network interface on this.
when i'm trying to load/add qeth driver . The driver is not found showing this message.

Bash: lsmod | grep qeth
Bash:
Bash: modprobe qeth
fatal: qeth module is not found

Hi,

I'm pretty sure the answer will be no - but prior to installation did you check for hardware certification for RHEL6 for inclusion of the Dell Inspiron 14R?

Generally enterprise-grade operating systems will not include support for "comsumer-grade" hardware.

Does it have to be RHEL, or can you use another Linux distribution on your laptop? You could possibly install a different OS, then virtualise RHEL if you need a RHEL machine to play with.

Cheers,
ZB

Are you using the System Z version of RHEL?

The QETH network device driver supports IBM System z HiperSockets, OSA-Express Fast 
Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet (including 1000Base-T), High Speed Token Ring, and ATM 
features (running Ethernet LAN emulation) in QDIO mode. 

I'm not sure is it System Z version or not? how to check this...

I'm sorry, but I found this a bit funny. How is it even possible to install a System Z RHEL on x86 platform? :smiley:

---------- Post updated at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:37 PM ----------

dearsumon, you probably have to contact DELL to check if they provide NIC drivers (for this model) for RHEL.

---------- Post updated at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 PM ----------

I'm sure that you have checked ifconfig -a output as well. If you have not selected networking during installation /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 does not get created. If eth0 shows up in ifconfig, then you have to manually create ifcfg-eth0 file.