Not able to connect to new FTP server

Hi All,

We have done new FTB setup.
I am not able to to connect to this new target server.

Here is the new setup to send files to the FTB :

• Login : FTB-TAN-DEV-SAP
  • Protocol : SFTP
  • Port : 54322
  • Hostname : ftb-dev.apj.hp
  • Env : DEV
  • Target ID : 3225

I tried connecting to the target server using sftp ftb-dev.apj.hp

I got the below error

Connecting to ftb-dev.apj.hp...
ssh: connect to host ftb-dev.apj.hp port 22: Connection timed out
Connection closed

Why I got this error? and what is the resolution?

Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hello ROCK_PLSQL,

There are several possible causes. One is that you are pointing to the wrong server, maybe the address is different to the outside or there is a gateway. Another could be that there is a firewall misconfigured to block in coming ssh connections. A third possibility is that the ssh server is listening on another port than the standard port. A fourth is that the ssh server wasn't started on that machine. Have you been able to connect to that server before via SSH on a different network?

Thanks,
R. Singh

part of the diagnosis will be the length of time it took to respond. Did this error appear in 3 seconds or less, or was it more like 40 seconds?

A quick failure suggests more that the server is not listening for you, but the messages suggest the latter which could be incorrect DNS entry, network routing or firewall issues. You need to check that the target server has a route to the source to respond with.

Another possible issue could be if the target server has multiple IP addresses and the default route doesn't know how to find the source address.

Can you get a traceroute -n ftb-dev.apj.hp to work?

Robin

It appears that the default port 22 is not what's being used. Try

sftp -oPort=54322 ftb-dev.apj.hp

Looks like Aia got your correct response but I've also seen this caused by a lack of time sync.

Hi Aia,

This is working now.

Thanks a lot.