No init messages display during startup/shutdown

This question is more in the line of how init messages get sent to a console during startup/shutdown. My problem has to do with exporting a VM from AWS to KVM (and a retry on virtual box). I am looking for a understanding on how init messages are sent to a device and what controls them My two servers listed below are Centos. Any help in this understanding would be greatly appreciated. Any additional knowledge on how AWS is modify this would also be appreciated.

I have exported two VM's. Both imports successfully on virtualbox and kvm but one allows you to login (login prompt) and the other never comes to the login prompt. For the VM that allows log in I have edited /default/grub2 and removed silent and added text and regenerated the grub.conf. I also put a exit in the /etc/init.d/netconsole so that it doesn't run. I still dont get any init messages to the console when I reboot. I need to determine how to do this so I can make the changes to a EC2 VM so when I export it again and try to run it in virtualbox and KVM it will list a service that it is getting hung up on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks