Net::SSH::Perl slow to login.

I have some sample code that's supposed to ssh to another machine using Net::SSH::Perl, execute a command, and print
the output of that command. It's very basic, and it works. However, I noticed that upon logging in:

$ssh->login('username','password');

It takes roughly 10-13 seconds to complete. After that, executing the commands are fast, but I'd like to be able to shorten
the lengthy login process. Have any of you experienced this? I believe I'm using SSH2. When I try to use SSH1, it kicks back
an error about Math::GMP:

localmachine: Reading configuration data /export/home/user/.ssh/config
localmachine: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh_config
localmachine: Connecting to server.com, port 22.
localmachine: Remote version string: SSH-2.0-Sun_SSH_1.1.3

localmachine: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version Sun_SSH_1.1.3
Can't load '/opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/x86-solaris-thread-multi/auto/Math/GMP/GMP.so' for module Math::GMP: ld.so.1: perl-static: fatal: libgmp.so.3: open failed: No such file or directory at /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/5.8.8/x86-solaris-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/SSH/Perl/Util/SSH1MP.pm line 7
Compilation failed in require at /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/SSH/Perl/Util/SSH1MP.pm line 7.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/SSH/Perl/Util/SSH1MP.pm line 7.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/SSH/Perl/Util.pm line 56.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/SSH/Perl/Key/RSA1.pm line 6.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/SSH/Perl/SSH1.pm line 13.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/SSH/Perl/SSH1.pm line 13.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/ActivePerl-5.8/lib/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/SSH/Perl.pm line 54.

So after some long research, I found that Math::BigInt::GMP is necessary to get authentication to go really fast. I'm using protocol => 2 in case anyone is wondering. So here's an answer for the next guy.

Rely nice of you to give the answer ..