Netdump over bonded interface ?

Netdump over bonded interface ?
Hey there,..
I have heard from admins, that netdump usually fails over a bonded network interface.

I have written a multi-OS checkdump script , which checks if the respective crashdump utility on corresponding OS is correctly configured, space is available, etc etc etc.

For the netdump check, I wanted to add in a check to see if netdump is using bonded interface . How do I do that ? I can easily find out if the system has bonding enabled or if bond0 is up or down .
But I want to know if Netdump is going to use this bonded interface to send out the dump, or the usual interface ?

/etc/sysconfig/netdump doesnt give much of an idea. Does LOCALPORT setting have something to do with it ? It defaults to 6666.
I have minimal understanding about the networking side of this problem, could some one please tell me :

1. How do I find out which network interface (outgoing) netdump is currently configured to use ? How to check if its bonded or not ??

2. I also wanted to do a ethtool $NIC to check if the ethernet link is
    down or up, so this brings back to finding out which network interface is used by netdump , eth0 , eth1 , bond0 ??? How can I find this out.

Thanks,
Shrikant

Hello,

If you want to check if netdump is correctly configured and working?

By the client side, when you start netdump the return code doesn't work. I have a client that fails in start and return always exit code 0.

And what about if you check the server side? Each time you start a netdump client, a new log is generated like this:

[root@box]# cat /var/crash/172.19.113.119-2009-08-24-12:35/log
[...network console startup...]

. I think you could try to restart at same time all netdump servers by cron and test only one time in netdump server.