Need to write a cron jon(tcsh)....Help me out!!

The question I personally have is will it be possible to design the cron job according to this �wish list':

1)Every time cron starts (I mean files are found and processing begins) - email send to a user or to a group of users.
2)The job is divided into 2 separate parts, 2nd jobs starts only after first one has completed
a) All xxx, yyy and zzz(file names)
b) aaa and bbb files
3)At the end of an each job an email is sent to me &co, notifying that job completed.
4) If job fails for whatever reason an email is send to me &co with description (as useful as possible) with a problem.

Please help me...me new to scripting....'
thanks in advance...

Yes, It is possible to achieve your requirements.

1)Every time cron starts (I mean files are found and processing begins) - email send to a user or to a group of users.

Ans. try this command

ls filename >output 
if [ -s output ]; then

echo "THE FILE FOUND" | mailx -s "The file  found" userid@domainname.com 
else
echo "THE FILE NOT FOUND" |mailx -s "The file not found" userid@domainname.com 
fi

2)The job is divided into 2 separate parts, 2nd jobs starts only after first one has completed
a) All xxx, yyy and zzz(file names)
b) aaa and bbb files

ANS: you could have a wrapper script where in you could call other scripts something like this

in the wrapper script:

. /xxx

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
echo "ERROR xxx failed to execute"
exit 1
fi

# below code will run only when xxx is complete
. /aaa 

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
exit 1
fi

Note: Make sure you put an exit 0 at the end of the script and exit 1 where ever you exit with error.

3)At the end of an each job an email is sent to me &co, notifying that job completed.

Ans: continuing with the pervious code you could add and else statement in the if condition something like this

. /xxx

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
exit 1
else 
echo "JOB xxx EXECUTED SUCCESSFULLY" | mailx -s "JOB aaa executed successfully" email@email.com
fi

. /aaa 

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
echo "ERROR aaa failed to execute"
exit 1
else 
echo "JOB aaa EXECUTED SUCCESSFULLY" | mailx -s "JOB aaa executed successfully" email@email.com
fi

4) If job fails for whatever reason an email is send to me &co with description (as useful as possible) with a problem.

ANS: in the previous code you could add the mail command in the if condition itself

. /xxx

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
echo "JOB xxx FAILED" |mailx -s "JOB aaa FAILED" email@email.com
exit 1
else 
echo "JOB xxx EXECUTED SUCCESSFULLY" |mailx -s "JOB aaa executed successfully" email@email.com
fi

. /aaa 

if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
echo "aaa JOB FAILED" |mailx -s "JOB aaa FAILED" email@email.com
exit 1
else 
echo "JOB aaa EXECUTED SUCCESSFULLY" | mailx -s "JOB aaa executed successfully" email@email.com
fi

Hey Ahmed...Thanks for ur immediate reply...i really appreciate it...Thanks a ton...i will try this and will get back to you if i come up with some issues...