Need to upgrade Debian 7.8 to Debian 8.5 (Not 8.5)

Hello,

I need to upgrade my Debian system 7.8 to 8.5 but by default via apt-get It moves to 8.6 version(latest stable version). I'm new to Debian so didn't figure out the solution.

I've checked few suggestions over internet like editing apt source list file using snapshot archive.

Please suggest the steps that I should follow to achieve it.

Thank You!

Regards,
Mannu2525

What's the problem with updating to 8.6? In general I would recommend to always be at the latest package set of a debian release. One reason for this is to be up to date with the latest security fixes.

What's regarding debian software policy is that it is very conservative within one release, so you are very safe that no major changes are to be expected within one release.

Personally I can not help you achieving your goal, but maybe you can give some more informations why you want to achieve this.

I don't use Debian nor Debian's apt-get utility, but the -t=target_release , install pkg=package_version_number/target_release , and remove pkg=package_version_number/target_release options would seem to be good options to investigate.