Need to run the batch script from shell scripting

Hi All,

I am working on shell scripting.My script is completed but I have one task that is to trigger the batch script(with or without parameter) from my shell scripting(reside on linux system) and output which is geneareted by the batch should e.g. if batch script creates any files then I want to put that script back tomy linux system at any particular folder.

Thanks in Advance

[LEFT]Great you found the code tag.. please use it for code only, as otherwise the text that appears might be a little to long for common displays to be displayed properly on some systems in this univerese.. this is just to illustrate the behaviour...

Let me rephrase this first...
Some script should call another.
Something should be copied somewhere
With or without parameters...

Please provide more information.
What do you want to do/achieve.
[/LEFT]

Hi Sir,

What am I trying to do is
for e.g I have shell scripting deposit2mks.sh.I will run that shell script from linux box and there is batch script which reside on window server (esp.bat).My shell script will trigger the batch script on windows server and batch script will create a text file.I need to fetch that file from window server back to linux server.

Thanks-

Just like you call the batchfile on the windows machine from linux ,
you can access the textfile it created.

This would copy the file outputfile.txt from the 'windowsmachine''s share 'share' to your $HOME...

cp //windowsmachine/share/outputfile.txt $HOME/

Hope this helps

Windows/UNIX mounts don't work that way. // doesn't have special meaning to UNIX, and is condensed down to /. There'd have to be a real folder named /windowsmachine/ in your root folder for that to give anything but 'no such file or directory'.

How are you invoking the batch file on your Windows system from a Linux system? SSH server on the Windows system? If you explain your setup to us, we may be able to help you.