Need to find conflict in ports

Hi forum,
I've run into a problem here and I can't seem to figure it out.
OS=Solaris 10 u11 SPARC.

This application (running on a local zone) was having a conflict with a port and I can't seem to find that port listed. (eg 41468)
I've tried

netstat -an|grep 41468

I am pretty sure this should show the port information, but I get no results.
I've searched "/etc/services" as well for the port information but there is no entry for it.
The application is up an running at a different port now, can any one help me to figure out where and how I am about to get the port "41468" that is being used by a different application or perhaps the port is being used by a hung process?
Thank you for any ideas as suggestions..

You're probably getting no output because it's a non-global zone.

� How to find PID listening particular Port on Linux/Solaris 10 Online Identity & Access Management: One Stop Shop for Identity & Access Management

1 Like

My system does not have lsof. I tried searching the port on the global zone, but no success.. any other suggestions?

---------- Post updated at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:54 PM ----------

I got it. Problem was that the connection was connecting to the external server's port and not locally. For some reason the port only shows up when connected and not in "LISTEN" state. The external server had a port in "close_wait" state..
is setting the interface kernel parameters by ndd/reboot the only way to release the port? TCPkill is not on the server..