Need to check full utilization of my pc RAM - any commands ???

hi guys,

I wanted to utilize my PC's full RAM memory to check its performance, for that how can i perform this full RAM utilization with the help of a process or a command in rhel 6.

for example, in windows, while checking the harddisk for error (chkdsk - command ) could takes full RAM utilization, like wise i need to do it in my redhat box.

searched on google, found different topics.

thanks in advance...

any update guys.... ??? :frowning:

Please don't bump posts.

Depends what you mean by full RAM utilized. Lots of big disk operations will churn a lot of your memory into cache, but this memory will still be available for other things at need.

If you just need a big program that eats lots of RAM, prime95 can be used as a memory and CPU stress test.

thanks alot... will try and update you.

---------- Post updated at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:10 AM ----------

prime95 is a windows based app. i need the same as prime95 or like for linux(rhel 6) base.

Apologies, prime95 is the windows variant. Thought it was the same for Linux, but the linux variant is called mprime.

1 Like

its okay.Thanks...

Or get any decent browser like firefox or chrome and use a macro to open as much tabs as possible.

Plus there's more fun in having 200+ tabs open just for the sake of it than discovering a new mersenne prime. :smiley:

1 Like

:smiley: thankz!!