Need some E-Labs for solaris 10 & veritas volume manager

Hello friends,

I need to test some of the solaris 10 concepts and veritas volume manager.i want to know ,where i get the testing labs or E-labs\(online\) for this practice.i ready to pay for this labs.pls kindly help me to get the details or website names...Thanks in Advance

-Jay

why online? use virtualbox or vmware to install your own testing environment...

Hi,
Thanks for ur reply.i already installed solaris 10 using vmware .but i can't do the hardware wise(CPU sharing) like Fair Share Scheduler & resoure pool allocations on that.so if any Sun hardware is available with veritas volume manager,i can practice container & Vxvm.

-Jay

Hello friends ,

pls help me on this issue....

I'm sorry but I'm not quite clear on why you are having an issue with the CPU scheduling. If you've allowed the VMware virtual machine access to multiple CPU's you should be able to share the CPU's since to the OS it will look like a machine with multiple CPUs. Even VMware Workstation supports two CPU's so long as you are running on something with multiple CPUs or hyperthreading. What VMware are you using? Does your machine have hyperthreading or multiple CPUs available?

Hi..,
Yes i agree with you.but i am using vmware work station & my system having only one CPU.Is it any other method is there in vmware (any special verision or name).i mainly want to use veritas volume manager.or can u guide me is it possible to use Vxvm(veritas) on that.

You didn't address the question of whether or not you have hyperthreading enabled. It's been there on Intel processors for a number of years and will let you simulate two processors. If your workstation only shows one CPU then it isn't enabled. I assume from your post that this is the case.

Can you rebuild the workstation it is running on or get your hands on another one that does have hyperthreading enabled? I wouldn't change it if this is your production workstation since you used to have to do some crazy stuff to switch it under Windows 2K and I haven't seen the process documented for anything after that.

ETA - Sorry, I have no Veritas experience.