need LDAP documentation

Dear Members,
1- i need good documentation for LDAP installation, configuration
2- you recommeddation using LDAP under linux or solaris which is more easy for administration
3- is that possible to make integration between and LDAP and any email server like qmail
(like windows active directory and exchange server) any user created on active directory his email created automaticlly on exchange server
4- under active directory we have thing called group prolicy which i can control any client running windows
i want to run some thing like that in solaris to manage client for sure that already running win XP is that possible
and if it possible how can i do that

To answer 1 and 2:

If you are after a free LDAP server then OpenLDAP is the obvious choice, if you are after LDAP server software with full commercial support then Sun One DS running on Solaris is the other choice I am aware of, the other possibility is to integrate your Unix hosts with Active Directory perhaps using for instance SAMBA (see http://thelazyadmin.com/downloads/Linux_Ad_Authentication_Using_Winbind.pdf, Red Hat Knowledgebase: How do I configure kerberos for Active Directory (AD) integration on Linux? and Solaris 10 and Active Directory Integration - blog.scottlowe.org - The weblog of an IT pro specializing in virtualization, storage, and servers).

Others will need to answer 3 and 4.

1: My obvious choice would be OpenDS 2.0 which has a great admin GUI and outstanding performance. OpenDS : the Open Source Java LDAP Directory Service

very thanks for all of you
really it great answer