Need help in uninstalling devices.common.IBM.mpio.rte on 5.3

Hello,

I have been trying to uninstall devices.common.IBM.mpio.rte from an aix5.3 box but have not been successful because it shows a whole list of dependant bos & devices packages.

I have tried deleting the hdisks, dars and the dacs using rmdev -dl, but it still doesn't work.

Any help on how to get the mpio package uninstalled is appreciated.

Thanks!

This driver is part of the AIX 5.3 operating system. Why do you want to uninstall it? I don't think it would do any harm.
Secondly did you get rid of all FC devices or did you just uninstall hdisks, dar and dac? In that case rmdev -dl all FC devices down to the correspondant pci slot also. (If unsure how to do this search this group). After you removed all FC and related DS4K devices from the server try to uninstall the driver again.
Thirdly if else fails: post an

# lsdev | egrep -i 'fc|disk|da[cr]'

and afterwards the output of your uninstall command e.g.

# installp -ug devices.common.IBM.mpio.rte

OK, I could get RDAC to manage the disks without having to deinstall MPIO. I was not aware of command "manage_disk_drivers". This command did the trick that I had been trying for nearly 2 days now.

The issue now is; I could get the DS4k disks migrated to RDAC. But I am not able to identify which class of arrays the following disk belongs to (in bold below).

bash-3.00# lscfg -vl hdisk1
hdisk1 U788C.001.AAA8888-P1-C14-C2-T1-W201C00A0B829EA48-L1000000000000 MPIO Other FC SCSI Disk Drive

Manufacturer................IBM
    Machine Type and Model......1818      FAStT
    ROS Level and ID............30373330
    Serial Number...............
    Device Specific.\(Z0\)........0000053245005032
    Device Specific.\(Z1\)........

Once I figure this out i think i'll be in a much better shape. In the mean time, any help is appreciated.

Thanks!