Need fileset bos.adt.lIBM from AIX 5.3 (or just lIBM.a)

Hello, I'm in search of libm.a (from fileset bos.adt.libm) for AIX 5.3. It comes on the AIX 5.3 OS installation CD. The eBay reseller who pre-installed AIX 5.3 on my RS/6000 P43 didn't include this optional fileset when installing. I've been round and round with IBM sales (who send me to tech support, who then send me back to sales). I can't get access because AIX 5.3 is no longer supported so they can't link a license to my IBM account...and the hardware is not supported with the latest AIX so can't go that route. The eBay reseller will send me an ISO of the 5.3 install CD...for $90, yikes. I just need one file, please, anybody! I'm just trying to compile a few benchmark programs that need the math library so I can do some benchmarking on this eBay find. A nice person from this forum is going to try and find some 5.3 CDs in his stash but can't get to it until next year, so just trying to find the file in the meantime. Thanks! Happy Holidays.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it is against our policy here for any user to provide pirated or commercial software to anyone, for any reason; unless that software is in the public domain (and is licensed so it can be shared).

Sending private messages requesting such software will result in being banned from the site.

So, sorry to disappoint you, but this is not the place to request free copies of licensed, commercial IBM software.

You said, in your post:

My best suggestion is to resolve this issue with your eBay IBM reseller, or with IBM.

Best regards and good luck.

Sorry we cannot be more help on this.

1 Like