Need AIX 5.3 bos.adt.libm

We have an older AIX RS 6000 and had the hard drive die on us. I was able to get the hard drive replaced and it came with AIX 5.3 installed on it but is missing a component that we need. I am trying to install our C+ and Fortran compilers but they require the bos.adt.libm module and I do not have the installation CDs. The company I got the hard drive from only had the basic AIX 5.3 image and cannot supply me with this file set. This file set is on the Advanced Development Tools CD #1.

If you have this CD and would let me borrow it please let me know.

PS - The reason we are not getting this from IBM is that we are not on maintenance and they will not allow us to sign up for it since they no longer support our hardware platform (44P - 170).

Thanks!

IBM still supports the 7044-170 (44p) for both hardware support - at any AIX level - and software support for supported AIX versions, including AIX 5.3.

So it seems you do not have an AIX support contract and you have "lost" your AIX install media...hmm...

If you contact your IBM sales department or IBM reseller and give them your system number you should be able to get a copy of the AIX install media for a nominal charge, as long as you have a valed licence. If you do not know your system number then IBM support should be able to tell you this from your system serial number or your IBM reseller may be able to do this for you.

Or as you are in Austin you could just go bang on IBM's door :wink:

If you do not have a valid AIX 5.3 licence you should not be asking here for a pirate copy of the licenced IBM fileset.

I have a valid AIX license and you are incorrect, IBM no longer supports the 7044-170
(44p) with any level of AIX. I have talked to my reseller and IBM directly. If you would like to check for yourself my machine serial number is 10/9855F. :sunglasses:

For the record, as Fred PM'd me earlier: