My Work Is Like This Movie!

If you could describe your work environment as a movie, what would it be and why?

Please pick the closest selection from the list!

Thanks!

The closest was Jack Nicholsons masterpiece "One flew over the cuckoos nest", left to my own i would have picked "Casablanca". My work is like that - the only difference is that compared to my work the film has a much happier end. ;-))

Shakespeare described it best in his Hamlet-monologue, hence the film version by Kenneth Brannagh would be suitable:

For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th' unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? ...

bakunin

You missed one I would expect to win such a poll every time . . .

Office Space!

:slight_smile:

OK!

I added Office Space (got rid of Finding Nemo, LOL) and cast a vote for you :slight_smile:

If you want to cast your own vote, I can remove the proxy!!

I voted for Speed... well there are quite a few movies here that I haven't watched, but I think Speed fits well.

I work in a build and deploy team, so there are times when things are slow and easy, like it was for the people on the bus. And then suddenly work comes in from nowhere and falls on you like a ton of bricks - then its just like knowing that there's a bomb on the bus!

My best so far is taking a project with a four node prod VCS cluster, a two node DR VCS cluster and almost 10 TB of storage from racking to production in 8 days flat. And after that I was practically idle for a couple of weeks!

That's perfect, thanks.

The rack my computer is in was in the computer room scene of Jurassic Park, so.... that.

Also, I provided a bunch of old computer equipment for the "1976 NASA Lab Scene" in a movie that's coming out later this year, so.... that one too.

"Office Space" because almost weekly I have one of those moments where 10 different people hassle me about the same thing (like the TPS reports).

ah .. mine is definately mutiny on the bounty, to account for the many many beautiful luscious babes around. :wink:

ROTFL! My environment like "Mutiny on the Bounty"... Well, not like... Is really that :smiley:

You have to know that our office is divided into three main "islands", four desks each. My island is called "the mutinous island", or even "anarchy island", because its inhabitants can do whatever they want, when they want, without asking permission to no one!

Eheheh, well, it's not exactly like that, it'll be too cool! But when the boss jokingly called us in that manner for the first time from his single-apart-island like a pirate sea captain, we were baptized for life! And we are proud of that :stuck_out_tongue:

I really enjoy my work and I feel so good with my colleagues that I won't change this work for nothing else!

We are like a naval vessel, sailing the impervious seas of databases' world! Sometimes we also need to shoot our cannons against dangerous enemies, typically developers' battleships or users' boats...

How many fights, how many victories!

:smiley: