My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool

My RHEL virtual Machine Does not have Virtual Machine Manager Desktop Tool
Hi,

I don't seem to have the Virtual Machine Manager Desktop tool set up on my RHEL6 Machine. The Linux machine runs off VMWare player and I'm not sure whether it is a VMWare software issue or a problem with the RHEL6 installation.

When I launch a GNOME GUI there is no option for VMM under "Applicatons">"System Tools".

I also run the following command:

HTML Code:
[root@localhost ~]# lsmod | grep kvmkvm 300283 0
As mentioned above, the Linux machine runs off a VMWare Player platform. When I built the machine I used the quick install option on VMWare Player and in doing so there seems to be some features missing - including the VMM desktop tool.

Once again, I'm not sure if this is a VMWare or RHEL6 issue. Please could someone shed some light on this issue.

This is posted in the wrong forum.

Correct me if I am wrong but it appears from what you say that you have a Red Hat virtual appliance that is running under VMware player, and you wish to install virt-manager.

Unless you have a Red Hat subscription or Red Hat installation media, you are not going to be able to do that. There are also architecture limitations on running virtual appliances within a virtual appliance.

1 Like