MX redirecting

I in no means consider myself a expert in unix however my question is a little more complex. I am running a mac os 10 server and all web settings and email settings have been set up using the unix terminal. I am in the process or redirecting my mxrecords to a spam filtering company but i am having issues I changed the mx portions in the domain.com.zone file however when i check them online it comes up saying ns1.domain.com = (what i want it to) but ns2.domain.com = (the old mx). Any help would be great thanks.

What are the TTL settings for your domain and the MX record?

TTL is 86400 in the domain.com.zone. Is there another file relating to the mx record?

I was setting it all up on Tuesday. I think i should have propogated by now right?

I was actually thinking of the A record for the MX host, but that should not apply in your case.

It should probably have propagated by now, but you have to remember there are many caching dns servers and clients out there and they don't always respect TTL, so I would be inclined to give it a little more time still.

The domain.com.zone looks like this

$TTL 86400
domain.org. SOA 2xx.xxx.xxx.x1. admin.domain.org. (
200xxxx739 ; serial
3h ; refresh
1h ; retry
1w ; expiry
1h ) ; minimum
domain.org. IN NS ns1.domain.org.
domain.org. IN NS ns2.domain.org.
domain.org. IN MX 10 domain.org.inbound10.mxlogic.net.
domain.org. IN MX 10 domain.org.inbound10.mxlogicmx.net.
domain.org. IN A 2xx.xxx.xxx.x1
ns1.domain.org. IN A 2xx.xxx.xxx.x1
ns2.domain.org. IN A 2xx.xxx.xxx.x1 *
mail.domain.org. IN A 2xx.xxx.xxx.x1
Domain.org. IN A 2xx.xxx.xxx.x1
calendar.domain.org. IN A 2xx.xxx.xxx.x1
webmail.domain.org. IN A 2xx.xxx.xxx.x1
powerschool.domain.org. IN A 2xx.xxx.xxx.x3
Domain.org. IN A 2xx.xxx.xxx.x3
ar.domain.org. IN A 1x.x.x.x2
intranet.domain.org. IN A 1x.x.x.x6
helpdesk.domain.org. IN A 2xx.xxx.xxx.6

• this used to be 64.50.17.195 which belongs to xo communications i changed it yesterday now that i think about it. Is it possible that is the problem

~

ok thanks i tried to post the file but i think its to big because a moderator has to approve it. lol

I though you were changing your MX records, but you have changed an A record for a nameserver.

ok sorry to confuse i forgot a couple of thing on my last post
the one i have marked up there i did just change two days ago because i thought it may be causeing the problem. However the two lines that state as follow

domain.org. IN MX 10 domain.org.inbound10.mxlogic.net.
domain.org. IN MX 10 domain.org.inbound10.mxlogicmx.net.

used to be

domain.org. IN MX 0 mail.domain.org

does that make sence???

I changed the 64.50.17.195 to 2xx.xxx.xxx.xx1 in the ns2.domain.org because that is the one that is not updating. I have no clue why the 64 address was it there it points to a service provider that had no idea who my company is. Maybe that is where i went wrong.

anyone else have any suggestions

looks like the a record change that i made finalllllllyyyyy propgated lol 6 days later thanks for the help.