Multiple wan connection on single PC

Hi All

Is it possible to be connected to a corporate lan/wan through the on-baord nic, and also be connected to mobile wan through a tethered smartphone?

Ideally I'd like to be able to use my own smartphone using a browser like chrome (private browsing) while still being able to use the corporate connection in IE/firefox - so 'basically' one browser for one connection, another browser for another connection.

Is this at all possible either in Linux or Windows?

TIA.

Disregarding any corporate security guidelines, if you ensure there is no forwarding turned on in your IP stack, or any other protocol, or ARP publishing, and you can get the tether to run at the same time, then your problem is routing table setup.

Setting a corporate proxy in the ie/firefox browsers might help make this work, since you are just browsing. Then, you just need routing for the proxy and any other corporate applications.

I intend to do any private browsing inside a VM - the VM should pick up the the tethered connection directly from the USB port (VMware player) so I could disable software nic connection and use only the tethered smartphone connection for the internet connection. Is this possible?

I think you also need to keep the rest of the system off the tether. I am not a vm guy, does that give you another routing table?