Multi Screen Mouse Movement Settings

Hello,

I have a problem with multiscreen configuration. My solaris 8 is configured to work with two monitors. Physically they cannot be interchanged. My question is how to configure openwin in order to have mouse pointer to move right to left from screen to screen because now it is preconfigured in the oposite manner?

Thank you for your help

What contains the /etc/dt/config/Xservers file ?
If that file doesn't exist, post /usr/dt/config/Xserver content.

file: /etc/dt/config/Xservers file does NOT exist
content of file: /usr/dt/config/Xservers is:

:0	Local local_uid@console root /usr/openwin/bin/Xsun :0 -nobanner

Thus, I assume that it is not the file where the multiscreen mode is configured...

The dual screens are setup when the user is logged in. So may be the configuration should be corrected in the starting scripts from the user home directory?? I include the code of two user scripts that may be responsible for starting the multiscreen mode...

.5profile.sh

if [ "`tty`" = "/dev/console" ]; then
            if [ ! -f /etc/rc2.d/S99dtlogin ]; then
	       rm -f /tmp/.openwin.log /tmp/.openwin.err
	       touch /tmp/.openwin.log /tmp/.openwin.err
	       chmod 777 /tmp/.openwin.log /tmp/.openwin.err
               if [ -c /dev/fb0 ] && [ -c /dev/fb1 ] ; then
                   exec openwin -core -clients 1024 -bs -lf 0 -dev /dev/fb0 defclass TrueColor defdepth 24 -dev /dev/fb1 right  defclass TrueColor defdepth 24 -nobanner >>/tmp/.openwin.log 2>>/tmp/.openwin.err
                   # exec openwin -bs -lf 0 -dev /dev/fb0 -dev /dev/fb1 right -nobanner >>/tmp/.openwin.log 2>>/tmp/.openwin.err
               else
		   echo "Cannot open x xerver on /dev/fb0 and /dev/fb1 (right), using one screen (/dev/fb0)" >>/tmp/.openwin.err
                   exec openwin -dev /dev/fb0  >>/tmp/.openwin.log 2>>/tmp/.openwin.err
               fi
	       exit
             fi
          fi

.9xinitrc.init

# -- disable screen saver
xset s off

# -- disable power management for Solaris > 5.8
xset -dpms -fbpm 2>/dev/null

# -- set first screen to gray
xsetroot -solid gray

# -- set cursor to red
xsetroot -cursor_name top_left_arrow -fg red -bg white

# -- set second screen (if available) to gray
xsetroot -solid gray -display unix:0.1 2>/dev/null

# -- set cursor on second screen (if available) tored
xsetroot -cursor_name top_left_arrow -fg red -bg white -display unix:0.1 2>/dev/null

# -- open the screen to all applicatons
xhost +

Try swapping the frame buffer devices in the .5profile.sh script:

exec openwin -core -clients 1024 -bs -lf 0 -dev /dev/fb1 defclass TrueColor defdepth 24 -dev /dev/fb0 right  defclass TrueColor defdepth 24 -nobanner >>/tmp/.openwin.log 2>>/tmp/.openwin.err

Merci jilliagre!

Unfortunately, I would like to awoid such swap because it interchanges the application content on the screens. The mouse courser is of course correct now but the content from the right screen is now displayed on the left screen, it should NOT be like that.

I assume that configuration similar to that in the example of the xorg.conf file from RedHat I found on the Internet could solve this problem:

Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "Multihead layout"
Screen "Screen0" RightOf "Screen1"
Screen "Screen1" 0 0
InputDevice "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
Option	 "Xinerama" "on"
Option	 "Clone" "off"
EndSection

but I did NOT find any similar file on my solaris...
do you have any idea?

---------- Post updated at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:50 AM ----------

I found the solution!

The line in starting script .5profile.sh should look like that:

exec openwin -core -clients 1024 -bs -lf 0 -dev /dev/fb0 defclass TrueColor defdepth 24 -dev /dev/fb1 left  defclass TrueColor defdepth 24 -nobanner >>/tmp/.openwin.log 2>>/tmp/.openwin.err

it solved my problem, any way thank you very much for your help that inspired me.