MS Office for Linux..

Hi all,

I have to install MS office on the Linux 9. As it is the essential part of my Internship. So I just want to know the following things:

1. Is it possible?
  2. From where I can get the MS Ofiice for Linux 9.
  3. From wher I can get the Documentation for Installing it.

Thanks in Advance,
Regards
Aman

Your options (may be incomplete):
1) Install OpenOffice.org. It opens and saves MS Office documents in principle but chances are it may not open your documents correctly. You can always test with the Windows version of OpenOffice.org first. If it is okay on Windows, it is most likely okay on Linux. Do install the latest version 2.x but not 1.x.

2) Use some emulation software like VMWare or Xen and run your Windows and MS Office in it. I have no experience with this.

3) Run MS Office with Wine. Not necessarily work either.

I believe you can dig out some information by searching for "run MS Office on Linux" from Google.

Hi

There is no MS office for Linux,so dont bother looking..you can do the following..

1. Download CrossOver Office ( or any other "wine" emulator) for linux,once this is installed ( it is a commercial version of wine),or you can struggle with wine

2. CXoffice will guide you through a menu to setup MS Office,but you will need a licensed version of MS office.

3. In the setup it will create an enviroment to run the MS product,you can run other products like Macromedia stuff.

Cheers