Movie Screenshot Contest - Bits to be won!

25) Lotney "Sloth" Fratelli, the Goonies.

All correct! 3 points for pludi, 1 point for reborg

Another ten (I've prepared 40 in total BTW):
26)
pludo - Jonathan E. from Rollerball

27)
reborg - Thade from Planet of the Apes (2001)

28)
reborg - Dynamo from (The) Running Man

29)
vino - Dr. Stanley Goodspeed from The Rock

30)
Perderabo - Tony Stark from Iron Man

31)
vino - Major Deakins from Broken Arrow

32)
Perderabo - Laurel and Simura fron The Final Countdown

33)
pludi - Johnson, Liddle, Jeremy, Elliot - Flight of the Phoenix

34)
Perderabo - Gene and Billy from Air America

35)
pludi - Brad Little and Jake Preston from Fire Birds

30- Tony from Iron Man? (not too sure...)
34- Gene and Billy from Air America

27 Thade - Planet of the Apes (2001)
28 Dynamo - (The) Running Man

All correct!
2 points each for Perderabo and reborg

29 The Rock - Goodspeed
31 Borken Arrow - Deakins

26) Jonathan E. - Rollerball
29) Dr. Goodspeed - The Rock
31) Maj. Daekins - Broken Arrow
33) Johnson, Liddle, Jeremy, Elliot - Flight of the Phoenix
35) Little, Preston - Fire Birds

All correct (notwithstanding a little typo :wink: )
2 points for vino, 3 points for pludi

---------- Post updated at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous update was at 10:11 AM ----------

Some hints on the remaining answered questions:
12)

• Previous hint: Very B-Grade movie, there's a big hint written on his sash.
  • Bigger hint: Mother and father rescue the planet from morons.

19)

• Previous hint: People have already pretty much solved it - just got to finish the answer
  • Bigger hint: Seriously, read back through te previous guesses at this then reread the rules on what's needed for a complete answer :wink:

23) It's all in the reflexes
24) I'm stunned that this one hasn't been picked yet. Maybe all I need is a deck of cards while I wait?
32) Imagine what would have happened at Pearl Harbour if a modern carrier was transported back in time to the day before the bombing...

---------- Post updated at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous update was at 10:27 AM ----------

And the final 5:
36)
Perderabo - Dave and Hal from 2001: A Space Odyssey

37)

38)
vino - Parker from Way of the Gun

39)
Perderabo - Thulsa from Conan the Barbarian

40)

32- Laurel and Simura fron The Final Countdown?

---------- Post updated at 18:22 ---------- Previous update was at 18:20 ----------

39- Thulsa from Conan the Barbarian

---------- Post updated at 18:24 ---------- Previous update was at 18:22 ----------

36 - Dave and Hal from 2001: A Space Odyssey

---------- Post updated at 18:37 ---------- Previous update was at 18:24 ----------

About 19: we get it that all that remains is to ID those 4 characters. This would require actually watching that movie. Ick. Someone else can grab that point. Interesting though... I am making separate posts and the forum software is consolidating them into updates of my earlier post.

All three correct! 3 Points for Perderabo
(I didn't actually know the downed Japanese pilot was named in the movie, I was just looking for Laurel's name - well done finding that one!)

Don't forget that only one character name is required :slight_smile:
Not a fan of that movie I take it? Fair enough - you're only the second person I've met that doesn't like it :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, it caught me by surprise when that started happening - but I'd just assumed it was deliberate... :slight_smile: It can be a bit of a pain with things like this thread as it's harder for me to break up different parts (like the rules and the first 5 images), but most of the time I rather like it.

OK, here is a WAG:
19) Soap from Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

I thought we really needed all 4 names.

Correct! Another point for Perderabo

38 Way of the gun - Parker

Correct, another point for vino!

---------- Post updated 07-11-09 at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous update was 06-11-09 at 09:34 PM ----------

As I'm going away on holiday for a few weeks, I'm going to have to end the contest here - it appears that the momentum's died off anyway now :wink:

Feel free to keep guessing the remaining ones of course but the prize will just be the adulation of the other readers instead of cold hard Bits.

Winners to be announced in a few

---------- Post updated at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:40 PM ----------

The victors!

Winnings will be sent out shortly (via the post award system as it seems fitting for the purpose).

Congratulations to all who took part - it's been fun :slight_smile:

Update:
I'm back from holiday but still having trouble with the awards for pludi - you've got 50k or the 60k prize - expect the remaining 10k as soon as I can convince the forum software to let me send it :wink: