Move script from windows to Linux using NFS mount

Hi All,
Is there a command or script which will push a file from Windows server to Linux box? using the mount command. I want the details or document of the whole process please.
I want this script to run every 30 minutes to push the file from windows to unix
Thanks

More information is needed. How is your Windows machine exporting NFS? That can be tricky. Did you mean CIFS or SMBFS? Linux can support those too.

Thanks Corona688, am not sure what you meant by "how is you windows maching exporting the nfs" , how can i check. BTW i have to use only NFS Mount, not scp and UNC. Please advice.
Thanks

I didn't say SCP or UNC, I said SAMBA or SMBFS, both of which seem far more likely for a windows machine than NFS. NFS on Windows is possible, I think, but rarely done and a bear to work with.

Thanks Corona but i NEED to use NFS only please, bot samba

I didn't say Samba either!

How do you even know your Windows server is serving NFS if you can't tell me anything about it?

Thanks Corona,
I asked in my second post as where i can check if the windows server has NFS OR NOT and i see that the windows server has the NFS. All am asking is if you guys can share some documents.

Check if "services for nfs" are installed under windows features.

If nobody even knows if it's running NFS, I suspect it is not and should not.

if your linux box and windows server are able to connect to each other, can you use rsync or scp?

Thanks Kssolanki,
I cannot use scp as per the security issues, the server tea, wants me to use the NFS route.

What security issues would those be? Using NFS to avoid security issues sounds like using gasoline to avoid fire...

Shouldn't the server team give you guidance on how to deploy NFS, then?

This sounds like we cannot use doors and locks as per the security issues, the housekeeper wants me to use a string-curtain.

Btw., which version of NFS are you requested to use? NFSv4, NFSv3 or perhaps NFSv2 because of the security issues of the former two?

bakunin

Thanks RudiC. The server team should, but as far as i know they are almost at the end of their contract and hence these issues. I have a script using winscp and works fine, but they wouldnt allow that :confused:

---------- Post updated at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:50 AM ----------

Thanks bakunin, i think they do not care about the version and as per me this is the first time ever i heard about this NFS MOUNT, i usually use winscp
Thanks

winscp has a blatantly insecure password storage facility, insecure enough it warns you about it when you use it. Did you use that, or did you use SSH keys?

I suspect they'd be much happier with a key based setup.

"almost at the end of their contract" is not an acceptable status. They either are responsible and "on duty", or they're not. Ask your management for a decision/clarification.

Thanks Corona used the SSH

---------- Post updated at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:55 PM ----------

The clarification that i got from my management was that they assist if an already existing process is not working, wont help support new process or atleast guide :mad: