Mounting a remote filesystem under SCO Unix ver 5.0.5

Can anyone help me? I have 2 servers on the same LAN, one as a live server and one as a backup server, both running SCO OpenServer Enterprise. I need to mount the /u filesystem of the backup server as a directory on the live server, so that if I use the df -v command I can see it as an additional filesystem on the live server, eg assuming I mount it as /dev/back:
Mount Dir Filesystem blocks used free %used
/ /dev/root 1296384 972142 324242 75%
/stand /dev/boot 30720 15264 15456 50%
/u /dev/u 2506540 1874904 631636 75%
/back /dev/back ???????? ???????? ??????? ??%

I would then use crontab to cp -r all directories within the /u filesystem of the live server to this filesystem on the backup system at scheduled times after hours.
Is it possible to do this, or do I have to set up nasty ftp scripts to do it instead?. I tried using rcp but it resulted in rather spectacular kernel panics which did not go down too well with the business owner. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Hi

On the 'Backup' system you will need to use 'scoadmin' and first export the filesystem using the File System Manager.
Once exported on the Live Server you will need to use 'scoadmin' to mount the remote file system to a mount point of your choice.

There is one limitation I came across when doing this, you cannot export a sub-directory of a filesystem that is already exported.

If you are having problems, make sure that the entry's in the /etc/hosts file and /.rhosts and /etc/hosts.equiv are correct.

Good luck