mount windows share folder

all,,i need help,,i try to mount a windows 2000 share folder to my system,,i already userd smb mount,mount -F and bunch of stuff and none is working,,can anyone give me a script to this??

PS : when i use mount -F i got this message :
nfs mount: insufficient privileges ,,,
is it must be root ?

by default, yes.

What's the FS type of your W2K share?

Assuming your w2k server is providing CIFS shares, there is no such support in Solaris 10, only with OpenSolaris (smbfs). Alternatively, the Solaris 10 gnome file browser (nautilus) should be able to access cifs shares (just open smb://server/share ).
The natural protocol to share filesystems under Solaris is NFS. Using SFU on the windows size allows you to share file systems that should be mountable on Solaris.

Here is a package sponsored by sunfreeware.com for samba.

samba-3.4.2-sol10-sparc-local.gz  The Samba software suite is a collection of programs that implements the SMB protocol for unix systems, allowing you to serve files and
printers to Windows, NT, OS/2 and DOS clients - installs in /usr/local/samba. Kerberos, SSL, and AIO support are added.
Dependencies:
popt,
libiconv,
libintl,
readline,
ncurses,
kerberos,
openssl-1.0.0a,
openldap,
sasl2,
zlib,
and either the libgcc-3.4.6 or the gcc-3.4.6 packages. Documentation for installation and configuration can be found in the /usr/local/doc/samba subdirectories. The man files
are in /usr/local/samba/share/man. This package was compiled with the ./configure --with-acl-support --with-pam --enable-socket-wrapper --with-krb5=/usr/local
--with-aio-support --prefix=/usr/local/samba. 

Also, to install it

# gunzip samba-3.4.2-sol10-sparc-local.gz
# pkgadd -d . 
Select All (which should only be this one.)

As far as configuring and using samba, you'll have to toy around with it.

@adelsin: the package you suggested doesn't provides smbfs. There is no such support for Solaris 10 with samba. An alternative might be sharity light: Sharity-Light - SMBFS for Unix

Configure Windows 2000 to support the UNIX NFS file system

Configure Windows 2000 as NFS server, then set up automounter to mount automatically NFS exported FS, advantage is that you do not need to use root account every time to mount because aoutmounter will mount on request

As already said by jlliagre, there is no support for SMBFS in Solaris 10. SUN announced to support SMBFS by Solaris 11 (or already by OpenSolaris since longer period of time).

The package, adelsin told about, supports a CLI client, that can be used to get and put data to SMBFS. This client acts like an ftp client, and you do not have to be root to handle it. Therefore, you may also try to use it in scripts.

To have Windows 200x to support NFS is not a good idea. The package does not support cluster functionality or let itself fully integrate to Active Directory as it comes with an extra usermapping part.

I never took a closer look at Sharity's SMBFS for Unix... If you will buy it, let me know about your results, please :wink:

Greets!