Mount USB stick...

Dummies questions, perfect for this. I cannot mount my idiotic usb stick on Slackware, I input the following on non-graphic mode as root:

Mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1/usbstick 

usbstick is the folder i created for mounting my USB, the file system is FAT, and everytime I input that I get some kind of manual on how to do it, but nothing works. Also I cannot do it on KDE cause when I 1st entered the root password my numeric keymap was off so my root pass is the bunch of characters coming from the numbers: 5687991 and I do not know how to reset root password.

You seem to ahve forgotten a space

Try this;

Mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1 /usbstick

Jucydee is correct, you need a device you can mount (your USB stick) and a place where to mount it (a directory, in your case "/usbstick").

You cannot change the root password from within a system without knowing it, because to change it you would have to become root before and for that you'd need the password.

Boot your system from an external medium (CD, floppy, whatever) and mount the root fs of your system. For example: if your root fs resides on the first partition of your first HD and you use ext3 as your filesystem (use the "mount" command without parameter to find out) enter:

mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /somedir

You have to create the directory "/somedir" first, of course. Now edit the file "/somedir/etc/passwd" (which is your systems /etc/passwd file) to remove roots password and reboot your system normally. Become root and change the password.

Read the man page about the format of "/etc/passwd" first and if anything is unclear PLEASE GET SOMEONE TO HELP YOU because you could easily ruin the system making errors there.

bakunin