Mount error in Linux: invalid argument

Can you boot into TWRP Recovery? Do you get a TWRP menu?

Please post the full name of the TWRPxxxxxx.img file you are using.

team win recovery project 3.0.3-0

Try an older version of TWRP for mako

Download TWRP for mako

such as 2.8.0

A:\MOBILE WORK\nexus 4>fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.0.0-mako.img
sending 'recovery' (8074 KB)...
OKAY [  0.279s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote: flash write failure)
finished. total time: 0.287s

---------- Post updated at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:35 AM ----------

getting flash write while i use the fastboot using command prompt, and nexus tool kit is allowing only the 3.0.3 version only to flash the recovery,

You posted the same error with TWRP 3.0.3 so how can you say that Nexus toolkit is allowing you to flash 3.0.3??????

It appears that the /recovery partition is still write protected. If has always been write protected (e.g. because bootloader is still locked) then the original stock recovery must still be in place.

So, when you hold the required buttons at power on, what menu do you get???? If you select "recovery" from that menu and briefly press the power button to boot inot recovery what happens then?

When was this phone last working? What did you do to get to this point?

BTW - Perhaps I/we should agree to move this thread to the Android forum here where other Android experts may see it. This isn't strictly a Linux question.

bootloader is unlocked, and i am also surprised as why i am not able to flash manually and nexus tool kit is able to.

when i hold the buttons i am landing on fastboot screen.

this phone last worked well in jan 17 i think, after that i tried many ways but failed on the mount error, upon debugging using may android forums i found mount and this super block error while mounting them manually via terminal, so thought to see what caused this mount issue and super block issue, so that it should be easy to fix ,

just fyi i tried file system check, deleted and recreated the /system , /boot, /cache mount points and tried.
i think some issue with super block / mount error, if that is fixed, i think i can boot the Stock rom.

at the moment there is no OS on the phone,

Can you describe what the fastboot screen looks like (or post a screenshot). Usually, using Nexus Toolkit is NOT recommended and all things are better done manually.

uploading the snap of the boot screen

That screenshot implies that (with the arrows indicating) , at that point, the volume buttons offer more options. Do they not work?

And it also suggests to me that to start fastboot you need to press the power button (before you attempt to flash recovery).

Firstly, though, if you can select 'recovery' using the volume buttons and press the power button to start it, then I would suggest taking steps to install a stock ROM to get the phone back to life first.

i get the options like start, recovery, power off if i press the volume keys but if i press the recovery, just a blank screen appears, and nothing happens..

all the steps were tried with no luck, if i find a solution to the mount issue, i think this will solved.

Okay, so if when you are on the menu (as per your screenshot) and you briefly press the power button (to select fastboot), you should then be able to flash recovery without using Nexus Toolkit.

it does not work.