mount CD from local laptop to UNIX server remotely

I need some help in emergency. I want to add some software package from Solaris 10 CD remotely to UNIX Sparc machine. I can remotely access into the machine. Question is: how do I insert Solaris 10 CD in my laptop, then mount to UNIX machine remotely and add software package. Please give me the specific steps. Many thanks in advance.

CD's for SPARC often have multiple partitions that a SPARC Solaris box will mount, but even a i386 Solaris box will ignore.

If the CD is pure ISO-9660 then mount the disk in your laptop according to operating system on your laptop. If not, find a Solaris SPARC box with a CD-ROM.

Thanks. Could you please give some specific steps?

Is your laptop a SPARC running Solaris?

No. Windows XP. If I need a Sparc machine with Solaris 10 on it, I can find one to use. Please tell me the specific steps. Thanks so much.

Yes, first of all put the CD-ROM in the Solaris SPARC CD-ROM and confirm you can see all the partitions s0, s1, s2 etc, then use "share" to export the CDROM mount point.

PORTER:

Thanks so much. I understand basics. I do want to learn this. Could you please give command step by step. So I can catch up. Thanks.

Put the CDROM in the SPARC and confirm it appears at

/cdrom

Then use

share -F nfs -o ro /cdrom

to export it over NFS

on the client machine use

mount -F nfs <hostname>:/cdrom /mnt

alternatively just look at the CDROM on the SPARC and then use "scp" to copy the files to the other machine.