MOTIF PW library for file-search routines ???

Hi there. :slight_smile:
I found MOTIF programming code with file dialogs.
In the compiling description is the speak of a Libarary PW.
This compiling description is mentioned :
gcc -o newone test.c -lXm -lXt -lX11 -lPW

Has anyone heared about that Library. ?

After compiling GCC is asking for the PW Library and didn't found it. Even in the updated Debian Linux package.
How could that be possible ?
Kindly Regards
SM

What does this command show:

find /usr/lib/ -type f -name 'libXm*'

If you find no files, then you need to install Xwindows (and Motif because X is written using Motif )

Get back to us if there are questions.

Hi , i have checked out.
The files are there.
Actually i have installed the CLANG compiler that works better.
I take my attention to code that is NOT including the PW Library.
Thank you
MH

PS. is also not finding the PW Library. I think PW Library is a nonsense term. I found it in a serious programmers book.
But nonsense , because in other good books of MOTIF this Library is never mentioned.

I've found a man page for libPW here. Its use appears to be deprecated, which is probably why you can't find it. If you wanted to run the programs that link to it I might be inclined to identify the functions in that library and see if equivalents exist in the standard C library.

Andrew

thanks andrew ,
yes its deprecated. I think i will focus my mind on the main X11 Window style functions and libraries.
The descriptions in one of the books have strange code such like this PW library and for example
<X11/Intrinsic.h> in the header which is also not find by GCC or clang compiler.
However Intrinsics files exit on my computer but not in a context and manner which is described
in this one book programming style.

All is working good. GUIs are opening immediatelly from most examples.
MOTIF is a good thing.