Mitel Standard Linux Installation Problems

I didn't know what sub category to put this under, so I just figured I'd throw it in the main area.

I've recently acquired an HP ProLiant120 G6 and am trying to install Mitel's version of Linux onto it. I boot from the cd, and can make it as far as selecting what type of keyboard I have. The next screen asks me "what type of media contains the packages to be installed?" It lists the following choices: local cd-rom, hard drive, nfs image, ftp, and http. When I select cd-rom, it states that no driver could be found for the installation type that I'm telling it to look at.

It does this with all five choices I listed out, not just the cd-rom option. I went and booted from the linux cd on my personal laptop (Dell XPS m1530), and it worked perfectly.

I've updated the BIOS on the HP, no luck. Is this a SATA driver issue, RAID issue, or something else?

ANY help would be beyond appreciated.

Might be a SATA driver problem. Will it detect a USB cdrom or USB flash disk?

Haven't tried an external USB-based cd-rom drive, don't have access to one. As far as booting from a flash drive goes, I'm still trying to figure that one out also.

It shows

"could not find kernel image: linux"
"boot: _ "

I just transfered over the ISO from the cd to my flash drive.

*edit*
When I look through the BIOS, it detects my two HDD's and my flash drive.

Still looking for help on this one.

I don't think you need to boot from flash drive. You just need to get the information to the CD once it's booted somehow.

If the CD doesn't detect your drives at all, what about another distro? Can a gentoo livecd detect anything at all? Not to install it, just to see what drivers it uses.

Alright, I finally got it to install.

I went into the BIOS and changed the hard disk configurations around. For the SATA settings, I changed it to "AHCI." Then loaded the ahci driver from the list I was given from the install cd.