Minicom runscript: How to send escape character ( \ )

Please can any of you address my query which I dont find in the runscript MAN page
and other results on google.
I am using minicom scripts to configure my uboot environment.

I have to send a string which contains the escape character ( \ ) itself as follows

send "set bootcmd bootm cp.b $(INITRD_FLASH) 0x1200000 0x100000 \;bootm $(ZIMAGE_FLASH) 0x1200000"

when I execute the script, minicom shows error the following message when executing the above mentioned line

"script "flash_mpc8349.minicom": syntax error in line 30 (word contains ESC or quote)"

I tried prefixing it with ^ (^\) but didnt work. Would be great if you could let me know if there is a specific sequence to send the ( \ ) character.

Thanking you,
Regards,
Raman

I have recently ran into this problem and after much frustration i found this to work. in your send use \\ for the special characters.

send "set bootcmd bootm cp.b $(INITRD_FLASH) 0x1200000 0x100000 \;bootm $(ZIMAGE_FLASH) 0x1200000"

so your send would look like this instead.

send set bootcmd bootm cp.b \\$\\(INITRD_FLASH\\) 0x1200000 0x100000\\;bootm \\$\\(ZIMAGE_FLASH\\) 0x1200000

i did not need the quotes, in fact i found they occasionally created other problems.

hope this helps.

reguards
henrylimppet