Migrate from RH 8.0 to Fedora Core 2

I have done some research on the Fedora Project and trying to find clear cut answer on how to migrate from current OS - RH 8.0 Pro to Fedora Core 2. Can anybody help me with this and does Fedora Core 2 include OpenOffice and Ximian Evolution like with my RH 8.0 Pro.

OOo, yes.
Novell Evolution, yes.

Hi
In experience you may have no problem in migration;
Good Luck

:slight_smile: i have actually gone through the process of going from RH 0.8 to 0.9 to fedora core2 and i am very impressed with the actual difference in content.. that the fedora core2 has over the previous RH linux versions.. I am a bit of a newbie.. but both my brothers are experts in the computer world. one does software and one system admin web hosting on linux servers.. and he gave me this version of fedora core 2 to make sure that I am not bugging him with questions all the time.. and i tell you what.. I have only been using unix\/linux for one year and the first month of learning was spent on a redhat version 6.0 from 98' that I accidentally figured out how to install by myself and this is so much more comfortable.. I didn't even have a gui terminal..(Konsole) no gui at all actually.. this is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me next to unix.. .... hope you enjoy your fedora core 2 and by the way there are two versions.. one that is already out of the door and the one I upgraded to immediately vs 2.6.8-1.521 gnu/linux Redhat fedora core 2.. and one last thing.. they are already scheduling a fedora core 3 relearse date somewhere in the vicinity of of 09/01/2004 11/30/2004 look out for it,,,
yours truly moxxx68
:smiley:
ps.. the updates on this version linux are pretty impressive, plenty!
pss .. try this page .. http://fedora.redhat.com
psss.. the only problem I have had with fedora is the power management they don't use apm they use acpi and that is still under development and therefore not only a little unstable but a little useless unless you can get it to work.. but from what I hear most of the development on the acpi is still happenning so there isn't much you can do with it any way and your're kind of stuck with a little gui..