Messenger service?

Right now i'm about two days away from losing all my windows based computers....lol. So i need to know of a few good progs that will beable to communicate with MSN messenger...lol right now i'm still running rh 7 so is there anything that would work with that?

Have you ever tried Wine?

I have never personally tried to run MSN Messenger on Linux, but I have managed to run several Windows programs as Winzip, Acrobat Reader (and Quake!!!) on RedHat, SuSe and Solaris.
Wine have been improved a lot during last year.

Anyways...if you will decide to use something else that is not MS Messenger, don't forget that Yahoo messenger does support Linux and Free BSD, it works very well.
Let me know how it goes.

Funny, I just downloaded a great program from Sourceforge.net last night called GAIM.
It's one program in which you can utilize many IM services, such as AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and more...check it out. I think it's great.
Pidgin IM download | SourceForge.net

Thanks, i never knew you could run anything windows on rh haha thats great! as for the two messengers i'm gonna try them both just to see which i like best, thanks!

i would reccomend the latest version of gaim. personally, i think using WINE is a cop-out.

OK! If you need a program can communication with MSN. You can use any clone program of MSN in Linux as:

• Amsn
  • Kopete

You can Search and down programs from : freshmeat.net

Good luck

yes, freshmeat.net is an awesome site :slight_smile:

and gaim works with MSN too.

perfect, thanks guys!

how about coming here? U can leave message without regarding the os platform. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: