Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone!

I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I minimise something, I can't bring it back. So far, that's never been a problem, but now I minimised something I really needed.

Now, solving the "can't add Gnome Applets" is a problem I can solve in time (it's a known issue). But right now I'm looking for options to restore/maxmise my window so I can save my data! Most key-combos are not captured by the NX client, so I can't Alt-Tab or Alt-Ctrl-D, although other combinations may work?

So - is there any way I can unminimise a window, say, from the command line? Seems unlikely, but possible!

Is there any way to work in a windowing environment that doesn't have a Window Switcher Applet?

I can disconnect from the session and reconnect but can't reset my remote X session (or I'll lose my data :S).

Thanks!

---------- Post updated 12-01-09 at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous update was 11-30-09 at 10:05 PM ----------

Success! I remapped the alt-tab in the client VM Gnome to change Alt-Tab to Alt-A and used that, which wasn't grabbed by the host.