Make the SEARCH button REALLY BIG

Neo,

Maybe it would be best to make the search button/option more visible? I know when I came here the first time, I didn't really notice that option. Just an idea. It appears that some people either don't see it.. or the obvious, don't want to use it, but I'd suggest that it's more of the first.

Ben

Good idea. Maybe a big search button on the top right, behind the header logo?

That might work. Something like "search here for your answers first!" or something like that.

We can try it. I would like to believe that most people will search and read FAQs, but experience is otherwise :slight_smile: I think there will always be a number of users (minority) that will not take the time to review FAQs or search, regardless of the size of the button or how much we plead.

I think we might have to start moderating all posts soon and have a large group of moderators who approve the posts before they show up on the boards. What do you think? Too restrictive?

I'm concerned that the board is being made less interesting by all the repeated questions that have been answered time-and-time-again and we are missing opportunites to 'move on' and discuss more interesting issues (for everyone).

I think you have a valid point there, but I also think that, AS IS, it's working ok. Personally, I've only been a member for just under 2 months or so, and while the repeated questions even bother me, I know I asked some stupid questions starting out, before I realized the other possibilities on the site.

I think restricting some of that/reviewing posts before they are made is a bit too stringent. There are newbies popping up all over the place on here and I think this should be a place for them to come and ask "stupid" questions as well as advancing some of us that are at a higher level but still need to "move on" or "tweak our own education". I mean, you've done almost all that you can (ie. posting rules, creating the FAQ section, etc, etc..) yet I think no matter what, you'll have those mundane questions that are going to leak through.

To be honest with you, I'm fairly new to all of this myself. And I'm amazed at what I can pick up just reading through the posts and reading the answers that some of the senior members give and otherwise. I'm on here almost daily just browsing and picking up random bits of info. So I think that restricting the majority of those questions could be detrimental to the community. However, that's just my opinion. I love this site and have learned so much from it. Some tweaks could be made, but I think going to a board of moderators would be a bit much. Once again, simply my opinion. Thanks for everything you've done so far.

OK. I'll hold off on moderating all posts based on your comments.

Thanks for taking the time to suggest improvements. When I find some free time, I'll make a 'really big search first button.' :slight_smile:

Thanks for your time and consideration Neo!

OK. What do you think?

Anyone have a BETTER BIG BUTTON, let me know !!!!|

Looks great... I was hoping you'd change to the yellowish color with it... the red was a bit obnoxious... I sound like such a woman...